Sunday, April 5, 2009

AIMS Testing week


To start out the week we had an AIMS prep rally to get the kids excited for the test. With some persuasion by another teacher I got up and sang a version of YMCA with the words changed while the other teachers dressed like the village people. Even though some the kids thought it was stupid I really had fun doing this. We even had a few raps that I talked Sean one of the other 6th grade teachers into doing and it was great. The rest of the week my kids have been testing for AIMS and it has been really stressful for them as well as me. I want my students to perform like I know they can if they just try. We only have 2 more days left and I am so happy to get back to teaching my kids instead of reviewing. On another note I only 35 days left of teaching.... Yay for summer break.

3 comments:

karis stapley said...

Oh yeah! I remember the days of AIMS testing & it def. was stressful! Good luck with the next couple days of testing for you & your students. :)

Heap of Adventure said...

Aren't you glad I kept you out of AIMS testing. Only a couple of more days left! At least your not having to take the test!

Photography By Jo said...

love the cartoon