Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Best trip so far!! AFRICA!!!














I was blessed to be able to visit my parents in South Africa while they are on there mission. It was one of the most amazing trips that I have ever been on. We started the trip in Madikwe at a game reserve that really taking you into the bush. We did a photo weekend with a famous photographer Colin Mead... We saw so many animals and learned a lot about taking photos. Next we headed back to Joberg for a few days then it was on to Elephant Valley. We stayed at a high end game lodge with tents.... It was amazing our tent was right on the water hole so we could see all the animals coming in to drink.... And the food and elephants where amazing.... After a few days there we headed for Victoria falls. We stayed at the David Livingston, right on the water we went jet boating, micro lighting, and a boat trip down the river. I have never stayed at such an amazing place..... We spend a few more days in Joberg before heading home... I could not believe all the things that I saw and got to experience while I was with my parents. 

3 comments:

Photography By Jo said...

Wow! That is amazing. Hmmm a trip to Africa is looking pretty inviting. Man I'm jealous. someday.

Jonny and Brittany said...

Hi Heather!!! Long time since I've seen you!! I found your blog through karis ...your trip looks it was soo much fun!!! I have always wanted to go to Africa so bad!!! It was good to see what you've been up to.:)

The Ray Family said...

Jealous much? LOL I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Africa and have a week with a pro photographer???? Holy cow you lucky duck. Heather we missed you guys this year at the reunion, hope to see you again soon or at least next year at the reunion. I'm adding you to my blog so I can stay updated glad to see youre on here.